Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Traveling Without Direction

By: Gina Carey (C) 2013

I left my home, filled up my gas tank, and before I headed back on the road, I reached in my purse, looking for the directions I had printed out from my computer. I had never been surer or more excited about my journey. Frantically scuffling through my purse, I finally found it lodged between old receipts.

I opened the folded paper and much to my surprise, there were no words printed on the paper! What could have happened? How could this be? I typed in the destination I wanted to travel to. What went wrong?
Well being that we live in a digital world, I thought to myself, no problem, I will just rely on my cell phone navigation to lead my way. So, I typed in the location I wanted to go and electronic voice instructed me to turn right, so I did, then she said keep going.

Keep going? Keep going where? Becoming extremely frustrated, I pulled over! What’s going on with this stupid navigation? Then a thought came to my mind and hit me like a ton of bricks! Have I even considered prayer? Have I considered waiting? Have I one time considered listening? No, I set out on my own life’s journey without consulting the one who already has set my path in order.

It all became clear that it is much less stressful when we rely upon the Lord God Almighty to lead and guide of lives. When we truly let go and let God!

The conclusion of this story is that I am getting back on the road without any preconceived thoughts. I am free as an eagle soaring in the wind! Holy Spirit guide my path. I don’t know where I’m going but I trust that you do. I will go wherever you take me. http://www.souljazzyentertainment.com http://www.ginacarey.net

No comments:

Post a Comment