Thursday, October 31, 2013

We're Just Like Sisters

Published by: Gina Carey (C) 2013

“I love you and I promise to always be there for you”. “No matter what, I have your back”. “I am your number one supporter, you can depend me”. If you ever need a friend, call me anytime”. OK, so let me rephrase that statement, “You can always depend on me only if you’re not plagued with problems deeper than the part of the pool I wish to swim".

 We are so close, we are like sisters you say, but we are only like sisters as long as I do everything according to your liking. We are only like sisters if I chose to never think different or make choices that deviate from your thoughts and ideas of what I should do.

 We are like sisters you say, but what if I move far away from the home town where you reside? How long will it take for you to forget that I even existed? “You are like a sister to me”, are the words I’m beginning to despise.
I am not like a sister to you when you’re so eager to turn your back when I’m going through hard times. I am not like a sister to you if I call you and it takes you four weeks to return my call. I am not like a sister to you when I’m involved in great things and you never take the time to support. And I am certainly not like a sister to you when you make promises with no intention
on following through.

Did you know I got married last week? Do you even know my new last name? Hey, I got promoted on my job to manager, did you know that? The answer is no. No to everything. And now you are not like a sister to me?  You are not even a friend. Thank you Lord that I can always depend on you being there, no matter what. I’m so grateful for your steadfast love that never ceases. You love me unconditionally. Everyday that goes by, I become more and more aware of your awesome greatness. Thank you for being all that I will ever need. You are more than enough. Your love is incomparable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment