Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sipping on Hot Tea

My tea is too hot to drink it down like water. Tea was designed to be sipped and savored, not guzzled or gulped. Unlike a cold glass of lemonade, hot teas are certainly not for the impatient. As I scurry through my daily routine, I seldom find the time to sip. On rare occasions, when I do find the time, I enjoy the flavor of hot peppermint herbal tea with honey so much, that I become frustrated that I can’t engulf more than a sip at one time.  One day while sipping on my favorite tea, I realized something very important as it pertains my life’s journey. Like hot tea, life should be sipped on, not gulped or guzzled. Whenever you guzzle something that was meant to be sipped on, not only do you get burned, but, you will miss out on the life important lessons that we need to learn. I realized that I have to make a conscious effort to slow it down and sip on my life. Life will be so much more rewarding when we finally embrace that truth. As I go through my life, Heavenly Father, help me to slow it down that I may hear your voice more clearly and be in tune for your will for my life. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment